We have been in business since 2011 and have since added offices in Traverse City, Petoskey, and recently Gaylord. We have been able to grow since our establishment due to a commitment to providing high-quality care, just as we expect our own family to have. These underlying values of quality and family have propelled the company forward and are the standard of our day-to-day operations. We provide training to make sure our caregivers are highly trained and able to tackle situations they often face. We also provide the availability to advance in the company from a caregiver all the way to a registered nurse. When it comes to the family aspect this company started because of a family and their experiences in-home care. Therefore we work to recreate a similar feel by holding various activities and team bonding experiences throughout the year.
Every year we partake in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Midland, MI. This cause is dear to us not only because our clients struggle with the condition but also because many of us have lost relatives to the disease or are currently caretakers for them.
We measure the success primarily on the number of participants in the walk. The more people we can have walking the more voices are being heard. We do strive to meet or exceed our donation goal as well and have implemented t-shirt giveaways and other fun incentives to encourage individuals to donate when able to.
Benefits Of Working At GLHCU
- Flexible Hours/ Scheduling – Work a schedule that best fits your life.
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield Insurance (Full Time) – 50% match on monthly payments
- Aflac Insurance (A La Carte) – Additional or partial coverages via Aflac plans.
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan- 3% of your paycheck goes in and we match the amount
- CPR & Frist Aid Training – Covered and provided in house to assist you in difficult situations
- Ongoing Training – We provide free training to further your education and knowledge, preparing you for the situations you have or will face.
- Team Outings – We do a yearly company outing to the Loons in Midland and other activities throughout the year.
- Wildfire Credit Union Work Perks – Employees who bank at WFCU get extra bonuses and promotions via the work perks program.
- CNA Training Reimbursement – In an effort to promote higher education we reimburse training for CNA certifications.
What Others Have To Say About Us
“Thank you for all the kindness you have extended to me during my employment at GLHCU. Know that the extra things you do are appreciated and above and beyond all others”- Lisa H, RN
“Great company to work for they care about their employees and the people we take care of” – Lisa D, MA